Evidence abound that Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) government supports terror organizations. First, before he became the president of Nigeria, he was the most vocal advocate of Boko Haram. He attacked the then President Goodluck Jonathan for fighting Boko Haram. Recall that Buhari was quoted by Newsday as declaring the killing of Boko Haram members a declaration of war against the north. He was such a passionate defender of the terror group.
In one of his statements in support of the insurgent’s crude attacks, he addressed the Boko Haram sect as “our misguided brethren,” and urged Jonathan’s government to begin negotiations with the terror group with an aim to granting them amnesty. Many would still remember that Buhari was emotionally vexed against Yar’dua for granting amnesty to Niger Delta militants. He felt paying N65,000 monthly to repentant militants was cheating to the north. Shortly after his vituperations against amnesty to Niger Delta militants, which helped to significantly lower the spate of attacks in that region, Boko Haram emerged. Many believe Boko Haram is a creation of the north, particularly Buhari, to try to force amnesty payments to northern youths to even the deal.
Soon as Buhari began preaching and advocating amnesty to Boko Haram, Jonathan expressed willingness to negotiate. But with whom? Jonathan insisted he cannot start a negotiation with faceless persons. Boko Haram then named Buhari to negotiate on their behalf. The significance of the choice of him by Boko Haram is never lost even though he turned it down. Following what looked like imminent monthly amnesty payouts to Boko Haram, northern youths were encouraged to enroll as terror members in order to access the funds. Recruitment centers were opened all over the north. Jonathan, however, didn’t follow through because nobody came up to speak for the group. Buhari, originally retired from politics, jumped in back after Yar’dua offered amnesty to Niger Delta militants. His all-consuming passion has always been to right the perceived wrongs against the north. He felt Yar’dua was giving away too much to the south and attacked him every step of the way.
Buhari is a hardcore Islamic fundamentalist who believes in the old Usman Dan Fodio vision of conquering the whole nation for Allah until he dips the Qur’an in the Atlantic ocean. So what has Buhari done with power upon grasping it?
1. He took his time to appoint military chiefs, all of whom are Fulani Muslims. He ensured that Fulani took over the police, the immigration, the customs, and all internal securities. He ensured that Fulani took over the NNPC and every lucrative government enterprise in the country.
2. The military underwent the orientation: “Don’t kill Boko Haram.” Since his coming to power the military stopped killing Boko Haram. All that you hear is Boko Haram killing soldiers.
3. He struck a deal with Boko Haram which ensures the continuous inflow of hundreds of millions of dollars into the terrorists’ coffers. Under him, Boko Haram are no longer faceless. Consider the speed with which he contacted Boko Haram over Dapchi schoolgirls abduction. The girls were gratuitously returned to Dapchi by Boko Haram themselves amid cheers in less than 24hours. That he has their numbers cannot be argued. He graciously allowed them to keep Leah Sharibu, and allegedly doled out over $500m in ransom.
4. Fulani herdsmen began to flaunt assault weapons openly, becoming emboldened. They could raze down Christian communities, leaving trail of gruesome massacres while the military and police provide them with cover to ensure reprisal attacks didn’t happen. Then they would address press conference to own up the killings and promise more while flanked by the Nigerian police.
5. Buhari refused to acknowledge Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen are terrorists despite such designation by the world terror index. He argued that the Fulani herdsmen are a sociocultural organization in the mold of Ohaneze and Afenifere, and solicited for their respect.
6. He has rewarded the Fulani militias to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.
7. He has freed hundreds of detained terrorists.
8. He has been recruiting the freed terrorists into the army and other of the country’s security forces even as Boko Haram continues abducting and killing Christians.
If Buhari is not a terrorist, who is he? What name do you give someone who ordered military-killing campaigns against IPOB youths for peacefully agitating for the right to self-determination? What do you call a murderer of the innocent, and protector of criminals and bloodsuckers?
Buhari is living his dream of conquering other tribes for his religion, but what he can never achieve is to stop Biafra from coming. God is turning all his evil plans to Biafra’s favor. The whole country is beginning to get Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s message. The southwest, PANDEF, IPOB, are all up on their feet now. The great resistance will soon begin. The zoo is about to collapse.
Chibuike John Nebeokike
For: Radio Biafra Media