Following the success of the special transmission by Radio Biafra London on Biafran and Nigerian soil recently, a radio station based in Lagos state (Nigerian Info 99.3fm) ran a 2 hours phone-in programme on their mid-day programme called HARD FACTS with MATSE on 24-04-2013 asking listeners if the push for BIAFRA ACTUALISATION was still necessary and what they think of RBL transmission from both Biafran and Nigerian soil at this ”TRYING PERIOD” for Nigeria.
Today I bring you random pick of listeners’ reactions during the programme. Igbo Kwenu!
1) Disintegration of Nigeria is not only supported by few Nigeria but it’s being influenced and sponsored by international community of Nations who has been observing the acts of impoverishing Nigerians by few elites. The best time to realize the struggle initiated my Ojukwu against this country called Nigeria is now reason being that Nigeria Govt. is faced with couples of problems that won’t allow him to concentrate on a problem while leaving the other problems unattended to – BAKASSI, THE BOKO HARAM AND 2015 ELECTION. We call for sovereign national conference which the president kicked against even when it’s obvious that the northerners want to be in power at all times, the Igbo’s are the most-marginalized people and if they are ready to liberate themselves why not-let them have their country, control their resources which is the source of under-development, shortage states and exclusion from central power by way of power zoning.
2) In Biafra we trust
3) Those who care to read my comment would testify: – the nation called Nigeria is at the threatened to disintegration. No doubt about it, why are we afraid of going on our ways; because some regions are feeding fat on another. Stupid!
4) As much as I don’t like to see Nigeria disintegrated, I think any tribe that feels a breakup from the mainland Nigeria is the solution to their problem should be allowed to do so peacefully. As per the Igbos secession plan, my questions are: one, are these individuals expressing the sentiment of the whole Igbo people/race? Are they not agitating for their personal gains and interests? What makes them think a breakaway will solve their problems? Remember, not everyone from that region is an Igbo indigene. If the Igbos think the Niger Deltans will allow them have access to their oil, they should rethink. I have some friends who are from the Niger Delta who detest the Igbos for their cocky attitude. All these and some more contradictions the Igbos will have to deal with. I know I may have offended some of my Igbo brothers, but the truth must be told.
5) We really need to be given a state of our own this time and that can only be accomplished by uniting ourselves, the Igbos. FG shouldn’t kick against it because it’s our right
6) The future of Nigeria is in the hand of the creator. Igbos want to secede, Igbos want to become the president of Nigeria! Both cannot happen @ the same time. The Igbo leadership should sit down and study the situation carefully. Know what you want and pursue it. But they cannot pursue both agenda together @ d same time. It will amount to a wild goose chase.
7) I know my Igbo brothers and sisters will be happy now, but one thing is sure all regions still have one thing in common, corruption our governors, ministers, house of rep, assembly, local govt chairmen/chancellors are the same things, why can’t we unite and fight our common enemy
8) Na God go punish any Igbo that says Biafra would work, # An Igbo man does not know whom his brother is…come 2 think of it u should see how d so called Biafran activists called MASSOB treat their fellow Igbos brutally…na them u wan carry leadership give em…
9) I believe the Igbo’s have woken from their slumbered northerners believe its their birth right to rule and when not given an opportunity they turn to violence. Let’s stand as one. Enough is enough. Igbo Kwenu.
10) I am indeed happy that even none Igbos have beginning to support the Igbo movement for succession. I know with time Biafra like Israel will be free and rule themselves. Radio Biafra is a good catalyst in the actualization of the sovereign state. Long live Igbos, long live Radio Biafra. Biafra! United we Stand. (Igwe bu Ike)
11) What is Biafra? Just like when they and their hero were humiliated, they will be thrashed again, until they remove the clogs in their brain. As if they were political aware, rubbish
12) Respect to the man late Chinua Achebe he wrote a book novel “A man of the people “He criticized Nigerian politics and the novel climaxes in a military coup not long the 1966 coup January 15 took place.,b4 his death he published another novel titled” there was a country” Nigeria is high time we realize we @ not one I see Biafra coming and it shall come to pass. Get your copy of this book there was a country.
13) Why r dis lazy Yoruba’s complaining? We r industrious our breaking away has nothing to do with “OIL” nothing like “ONE NIGERIA” so let’s stop fooling ourselves. D Awolowo wickedness is in all Yoruba’s
14) Nigerians hate truth. Only lgbo brain can rescue Nigeria. Until the day the do realize, and give power to lgboman, if not, Nigeria will continue in this struggles
15) I commend everyone for your views, opinion and interest on the above subject. Nigeria is just a Name that was used by the colonial master to join the different people together, and that is why when you ask a Nigerians where you from are, he will prefer to describe his Native rather than his Nation. ZIK thought he can address it but he didn’t know that it’s not all problems a Man can solve. I wish he is still alive to see that struggling for regionalism would have made his people proud. However, long before now, Nigeria supposed to have been divided or the eastern Nigeria may have been separated but the Name (BIAFRA) shouldn’t have been the name of the Country. Because, in 1953 the IGBO brothers (non-Igbo speaking south east) had a movement called C.O.R. On how to Decamped from the ruling party NCNC simple because they were less recognized among the part. Then, during the formation or the creation of the sovereign state of the eastern people, the same C.O.R felt side keep because of the Name (BIAFRA) being that it’s an Igbo affairs, thereby given less support to retain the desired sovereign state. Even though it’s wasn’t time then, but now, I believe it’s time. All the same, God Bless NIGERA
16) It’s obvious we all know what we want let’s do it. Even those who are clamoring for one Nigeria want disintegration in their heart but they are paralyzed by fear of war.it can happen without war. Let’s divide dis country and let everybody to his tent oh Nigeria!. Biafra is our promised land and Nigerian Gov. can do all it can to delay it but, cannot stop it. She shall live till when her enemies would bow to her.
17) We must note that: A “RADIO BROADCASTING STATION” IS NOT ANOTHER WORD FOR “A REPUBLIC”. Moreover, University of Lagos, amongst others has Radio Stations, and anybody can acquire the license. Despite the so much acclaimed marginalization of the South-Easterners; I expected us to remain together as one entity and take our pride of place in Nigeria, as number one. After-all Igbo’s were at the fore front for the liberation of Nigeria from the British. The record is there.
18) Matse. Let’s for once raise our heads and face the truth! There’s no unity in Nigeria, just mere deception. Let’s sit down as a people and first of all decide if this union can be sustained and if yes, how. South Africa did this at the end of apartheid and today they are reaping the fruits. The US did it and today they are the most successful. Why can’t Nigeria do the same?
19) Boko haram kills thousands, Mend destroys pipelines, waste millions of naira in lost revenue and now threaten to kill Muslims, OPC carry out extra judicial killings in the south west, were at a point outlawed but are now trying to secure contracts from govt to guard pipelines in the south west. And people are talking about a radio station?? Are we thinking clearly in this nation?? Do we glorify only violence?? MASSOB has been civil in their quest; the Nigerian govt kills and jails them randomly. Do we really need to force them into violence too?? Let Nigerian not carry too many baskets, its back might break!! God help us.
20) I will be happy to roll pomp and pageantry when Igbos finally moved out of Yoruba land and recessed into 28, 345 kilometer landlocked of Biafran jungle. We want you to leave thank you for doing that!
21) They are still deaf to heed the call for a sovereign national conference. Let’s stop pretending as if everything is okay, everything is wrong with Nigeria. It’s time to sit on that round table and talk people
22) Thank God my dad wouldn’t have to go thru any difficulties searching for Radio Biafra on his radio I wish we could get it here in Lasgidi *in BIAFRA we trust*
23) I don’t think they have the backing of the majority of Igbo people. They should thread cautiously because a cow does not know the value of its tail until it is cut off.
24) Just like their hero, ran away during the way. They can have a radio station in San Diego, who cares. Let us go back to regional government with a weak centre not this rebellious nonsense. We still need each other in this country. Igbos are not united and that is their greatest undoing. Whatever happens, I know 9ja delta will become a country of its own even b4 Biafra because we are more united and pro active
25) This fraud called Nigeria that may not live beyond 2015 except we redress the injustices done to the Igbos. The centre can no longer hold. Things have fallen apart. Therefore there was a country.
This is a transcript of the Phone in programme courtesy of Nigeria Info 99.3 ( http://www.facebook.com/NigeriaInfoFM?hc_location=stream). Nigeria Info is your #1 Talk, News & Sports station in the nation. It’s the first station of its kind in Nigeria. Call in on: 01-277-0993, 01-277-1993, 01-277-2993, 01-277-3993 Toll free lines: 08031230246, 08031230247 For enquiries call: +234 1 280 1370