Rafael Nadal has confirmed he will be playing at this summer’s Aegon Championships at Queen’s Club.
The 14-time grand slam champion won the tournament in 2008 prior to clinching his first Wimbledon title.
Nadal was forced to pull out of the event last year because of the wrist injury that dogged him in 2016 but showed with his run to the Australian Open final last month that he remains a force to be reckoned with.
“I am very happy to be coming back to Queen’s in June,” the 30-year-old Spaniard said.
“Winning the title in 2008 is a great memory for me and it is the best way for me to be ready for Wimbledon.”
Nadal has joined defending champion Andy Murray in confirming his participation at the tournament, which begins on June 19.
Stephen Farrow, Aegon Championships tournament director, said: “Rafa is one of the greatest tennis players of all-time and one of the most popular ever to play at The Queen’s Club.
“To be able to add his name to that of the world No 1 Andy Murray in the Aegon Championships line-up in a year when we are expanding our Centre Court capacity by 30 per cent is wonderful news for the tournament, our spectators, and our sponsors.”