Close to one year running now, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) worldwide, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu got abducted and kept incommunicado in secretive military custody by the Nigerian military. His residence was murderously invaded by a battalion of the army under the tyrannical directive of President Muhammadu Buhari, during the callous cum destructive military exercise code-named Operation Python Dance II in the month of September, 2017. In that despicable show of strength by the terroristic army of Nigeria, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s aged parents were abducted along with him amidst the gruesome killing of a number of Biafrans, in an operation carried to the domain of predominantly Igbo speaking part of Biafraland.
Very shamefully unfortunate, a supposed independent, professional arm of government, the Nigerian judiciary and others who constitute themselves as ambassadors/custodians of democracy and peace, blatantly reneged on their responsibilities by failing to compel the Nigerian government under the fistic grip of an Islamic fundamentalist President, Muhammadu Buhari, to strongly place demands that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and his parents be released.
There exists obvious reasons behind the immoral and ignominious silence displayed by these crop of individuals. Their refusal to live up to expectation inarguably linked them to crass egocentrism and pride in accepting the fact that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s emergence in Nigeria has surprisingly opened another vista of hope of liberation for the oppressed. The points beneath most certainly will convince the skeptics, grossly misinformed and the uninformed, of the irrefutable impact his mission has on the people, viz:
* Having a retrospective look at the year 2014 in one of the broadcasts of Radio Biafra London amongst other viable social media platforms, when Mazi Nnamdi Kanu emphatically educated the listening public on developments in Nigeria to the extent that it became an established reality that the Nigerian government has over the years, been gravely violating the fundamental rights of the citizenry in various shades. He pointedly drew the attention of those who cared to listen, that the Nigerian version of democracy is structured in manipulation and deception against the populace.
* It was the uncompromising, expository and redemptive teachings of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu coupled with the courageous agitations for the restoration of the nation of Biafra, that today gave voice to the proponents of restructuring of Nigeria, to begin to clamor for it.
* Very few inhabitants of Nigeria, knew anything about the Islamisation agenda of the Hausa-Fulanis before the arrival on the scene of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. The ratio of awareness stood at 5 out of 100℅. But through the resilience of the IPOB leader who brought the plot to limelight, virtually everybody is today, crying out against jihadism.
* Even within the Nigerian judicial system, the extra-judicial incarceration of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu brought to the fore, the rights of many in understanding basic legal principles and processes. This clearly exposed the despotic manipulation of the judiciary by the Nigerian government to pervert justice, thereby curtailing to a great extent, the dehumanization antics of the oppressors.
* The near hopeless atrocities carried out by the Nigerian government in concert with the armed forces would have worsened if not the resolute and courageous manner Mazi Nnamdi Kanu lambasted the Nigerian authorities, in direct variance to the fear and timidity of many.
Despite various degrees of campaign of calumny targeted against the IPOB global leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and the dogged agitations by the IPOB for the restoration of Biafra, it remains incontestable that this enigmatic freedom crusader did immeasurable amount of good directly or indirectly to the inhabitants of Nigeria. Prior to the emergence, people were in bondage of fear, stark darkness and totally alienated from enlightened emancipation as enjoyed in civilised global community. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu tenaciously, unshackled many from the bondage of mental and political slavery. It is therefore evil and despicably immoral for anyone to contemplate abandoning or eliminating such a man who has put his life on the line to challenge established interests.
Refusal to fight for and defend justice is expressly giving invitation for the breeding of injustice. If enslavement silence is maintained and the Nigerian government through it’s military authorities are not frontally compelled to immediately produce Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, who knows whose turn it will become tomorrow when there will exist no dissenting voices to challenge injustice and oppression.
It is the responsibility of well meaning individuals and lovers of freedom, to demand that the Nigerian government should produce Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and his aged parents who were abducted by the Nigerian army in a commando-styled invasion of their residence. But if for ethno-religious cum political interests this evil is allowed to persist against the truth, then they should better be prepared to face the corresponding consequences.
The Nigerian government and it’s military must produce Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, their denials and antics, nonetheless.