My attention has been drawn to a call by a well known writer and scholar, Dr. Anthony Oha, that I Citizen Ikenna Samuelson Iwuoha should be arrested or declared wanted by relevant security agencies in Imo State for defaming the person of Rt. Hon. Chief Benjamin Chukwuemeka Uwajumogu, the Speaker of Imo State House of Assembly. The call was made in his column (as a columnist) in WHITE PAPER Newspapers edition of March 5th 2014, Page 8.
Ordinarily, I would not have reacted to the infantile call for my arrest, but in order to put the record straight and to continue to enjoy the confidence of the Public and also to ensure that my credibility, integrity, dignity and acceptability is intact before Nigerians and my fans globally, I react as follows.
(1) That on the 7th of November 2013, I officially informed the Speaker of Imo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Benjamin Uwajumogu of the fraudulent activities going on in his office involving the Chief of Staff (Mr. Kodichi Anamekwe) and his cohorts.
(2) That I requested the Rt. Honourable Speaker to set up a panel of at least four Honourable members who should invite me to prove my allegations.
(3) That the failure of the Speaker to set up the panel made me to copy other Honourable members of the Assembly and the clerk, the said letter.
(4) That the Honourable members and the clerk went to Mr. Speaker and asked him what the problem was. They thereafter advised the Speaker to put his office to Order. They also told the speaker the consequences of allowing the issues and allegations I raised to become public knowledge.
(5) That rather than heed the advice of the Honourable members and the clerk, the Rt. Honourable Speaker issued me a query on the 13th of December 2013 (36 days later).
(6) That I replied the query insisting that a four man panel be set up so that I could prove my allegations.
(7) That when it became obvious that my life was in danger (bearing in mind that some aides have died), I quickly stepped aside through a hand written resignation letter on the 17th of December 2013.
(8) That on the 20th of December 2013, I officially informed the Executive Governor of Imo State of the fraudulent activities going on at the Speakers office. I also pleaded with His Excellency the Governor to compel the leadership of the Imo State House of Assembly to set up the panel to investigate my allegations.
(9) That after fruitlessly waiting for two months for the panel to be set up, and on the strength of the failure of the Governor of Imo State and the Speaker of Imo State House of Assembly to set up the panel, I officially wrote a petition addressed to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on the 18th of February 2014, to come and investigate my allegations (see the attached petition).
Therefore from the above analysis, it is crystal clear that I have followed due process in this crusade and fight against fraud and corruption at the Imo State House of Assembly. I truly respected the powers that be in this state by informing them of my discovery but they ignored me. The question now is; why are they jittery now that I have officially informed the EFCC?
Let me therefore make it absolutely clear that I, Citizen Ikenna Samuelson Iwuoha, can never be arrested or declared wanted by any security agency in this state over my crusade and fight against corruption. Any attempt to do so will trigger off a long chain of events and reactions in this state. I am mentally prepared to grapple with the situation and challenge. The EFCC must be allowed to do their job. It is only the EFCC that can arrest and prosecute me if I fail to prove my allegations. Also, the current attempt by the office of the speaker to lure me with the arrears of salaries, allowances, and other benefits owed me before my resignation; so that I can drop my allegations against the office will never succeed. My allegations against them remain constant. I stand by my petition to EFCC. What I am being owed is not in any way related to my petition to the EFCC. Q.E.D.
Let nobody attempt to intimidate or blackmail me into submission because it will never work and has never worked. The truth is always Quadratically constant.
Let us continue to clap for Jesus with honesty, sincerity, faithfulness, truthfulness and fear of Almighty God.
I rest my pen.
If the EFCC fails to do their job as regards my petition to them, I will have no alternative than to seek for an audience with Mr. President, His Excellency Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.
•Citizen Dr. Ikenna Samuelson Iwuoha FCAI is former Senior Special Assistant on Media and immediate past Senior Special Assistant Special Duties to the Imo Speaker Uwajumogu (shown in photo).
Source News Express