sambo-Dasuki2

NSA Col. Sambo Dasuki says Al-Qaeda terrorists has infiltrated Nigeria

The National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki, (retd.) has said that international terror organisation, Al Qaeda, has made inroads into Nigeria’s security system. Dasuki however said that the country was responding effectively to the threat of terrorism through the making of relevant laws and policies to destroy the terror networks in the country. The NSA’s comment was contained in a keynote address read on his behalf by Ambassador Layiwola Laseinde, who represented him at a one-week Strategic Communications Plan workshop for counter-insurgency organised by the National Defence College, Abuja on Monday. The event declared open by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence, Mr. Aliyu Ismaila, who represented the Supervising Minister of Defence, Labaran Maku,

Sultan-Abubakar

The owners of the Zoo Sultan of Sokoto launches fatwa committee & 12 others

The Muslim umbrella body, the Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), inaugurated yesterday the Fatwa committee, which is saddled with interpreting Islamic jurisprudence and recommending appropriate sanction against offenders. The fatwa committee was among 13 committees, majority of which are headed by traditional rulers in the North, inaugurated by the Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, at the national headquarters of the body in Kaduna. Speaking at the event, the Sultan said setting up the committee was as a way of uniting Muslims, pointing out that it was important for Muslims to come together as one.

President-Goodluck-Jonathan-02

Middle Belt group asks FG to end Boko Haram insurgency

The Middle Belt Development Association has called on the Federal Government to take decisive steps to end the violence being unleashed on Nigerians in parts of the country by the Boko Haram sect. The group in a letter to President Goodluck Jonathan said this had become necessary in view of the recent classification of the group as a terrorist organization. The letter entitled: “The Middle Belt Region Abandoned” and jointly signed by National President of Middle Belt Youth Forum, Comrade Pius Attah and Secretary of Middle Belt Development Association, Dennis Dateer chronicled various issues which they noted were against the interest of the region. The letter alleged that the Middle Belt Region had been suffering neglect and attacks which have resulted in increasing insecurity, poverty, famine, high level of school drop outs, among others, which should be accorded attention.

massob-01

MASSOB urges police to release body of slain member

Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has called on the police in Anambra State to release to them for burial, the corpse of one of their members, one Chimezie Anigbata, who they alleged was brutally killed by the police. The group said it was a taboo in Igbo land for a man to die and not to be properly buried. MASSOB equally called on the police in the state to free three of their members; Uchenna Ajogwu, Kelechi Nkwuda and Ifeanyi Agbom, who they alleged have been in detention since October this year. The organisation’s Regional Administrator for Awka North, Anthony Nwodo, who made the call in Aba, Abia State, said Anigbata was killed by the police on

Igbo

Youths insist on Igbo presidency 2015

Different Igbo youth organisations from the South-East geopolitical zone of the country, yesterday insisted that the South-East must produce a presidential candidate of Igbo origin in the 2015 general elections. Their insistence was despite efforts by some of their leaders to impose President Goodluck Jonathan on them in the election. They also vowed to stop the Igbo political elite’s posturing and penchant for eye-service before President Goodluck Jonathan. They said political gladiators from the zone, who are promoting Jonathan’s candidacy and strategising to collect the president’s campaign vote for the zone are not doing so not out of any good intention or support for the Igbo masses. The groups said they have concluded plans to convene a summit of world Igbo youths in January to make their position known to all that they are not part of the

Boko-Haram-002

Dialogue with Boko Haram is dialogue with Satan and highly suicidal for Nigeria

A particular group of notorious elements called the Boko Haram Sect has been bombing, killing and destroying lives and properties. They have created a generalised atmosphere of fear and distrust. Everyone is afraid. To worsen the situation, they have succeeded in tampering with churches. Abomination! They have killed and driven many away from serving their God. They have been on the offensive. Unrepentant, hell-bound souls. Let’s think: we religious leaders of ethnic or regional groups should examine ourselves if we have directly or indirectly assisted Boko Haram and their likes in their deadly activities. Where are the Imams and Alfas? Where are the political leaders of this notorious and deadly group? These evil agents surely go to mosques. What are their Imams saying? Assuming as some of the Igbo leaders advised their kinsmen to move back home in the wake of Boko Haram bloody campaign, assuming they too started acting heartlessly like the Boko Haram group, what will befall the country? Thank God, they did not react.

Femi-Okurounmu

National Confab President Jonathan to nominate 120 delegates

President Goodluck Jonathan is to nominate 120 members to the proposed national conference scheduled to take off early next year, the Presidential Advisory Committee on National Dialogue has recommended. The Senator Femi Okurounmu led-committee, according to the recommendations proposed to the President, wants the national conference to run for six months well ahead of the commencement of campaigns for the next general elections.The Okurounmu committee according to findings has also recommended that President Jonathan forwards an executive bill to the National Assembly for constitutional amendment to allow the incorporation of referendum in the constitution. The constitutional amendment sought by the Committee through the bill, it was learnt at the weekend, is to enable issues and outcomes of the proposed National

South-South-Southeast

Ohanaeze seeks closer S-East, S-South cooperation

AWKA—Apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has called for a closer cooperation between the South East and South South geo-political zones for the purpose of improving the economic base of the two zones.Anambra State chairman of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr. Chris Eluomunoh, at a news conference in Awka, urged the two zones not to succumb to the antics of other sections of Nigeria who preferred that the two zones, which cooperated well in the defunct Eastern Region, be made to remain antagonistic to each other.According to him, it is the people of the two zones that are losing out in the face of lack of cooperation between them.He said: “This is the right time for these two zones to evolve ways of enhancing the welfare of their people and economy of their states.

baby-factory-demolish-

Baby factory Abia govt demolishes hospital’s five-storey building

In line with its resolve to clamp down on operators of baby factories to stem the tide of child trafficking that is assuming a frightening dimension in the state, Abia State Government over the weekend demolished a five storey Ezuma Hospital building in Aba.The demolition followed over two months of cordoning off of the imposing structure by the police after a raid it carried out simultaneously at the hospital and another private hospital at the Ogbor Hill area.The structure was situated at No. 101 Okigwe Road, Aba and government said it took the action on the premise that its owner, used it to harbour pregnant teenagers and also adopted babies through illegal means.The demolition exercise which lasted more than two hours was supervised by the state Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Elder Godwin Nna while combined team of security agents were on ground to provide security.