President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said the Defence and Service Chiefs have a tough time ahead unless the Boko Haram war is won.Decorating them with their new ranks at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, Jonathan said he did not know whether to congratulate them or not because of the circumstances of the moment.The military chiefs, he said, could not afford to fail in ending the Boko Haram insurgency.They are Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Alex Badeh, who was decorated as Air Chief Marshal; Chief of Army Staff, Kenneth Minimah, who is now a Lt.-General, Chief of Naval Staff Usman Jibrin, now a Vice Admiral and Chief of Air Staff, Ademola Amosu, an Air Marshal.They were decorated after being cleared by the Senate and the House of Representatives for the first time since the return to democracy in 1999 that the National Assembly will clear the Service Chiefs before their inauguration.In Lagos, the Army said it was battle ready should the insurgents attempt to hit the commercial city.The war against terror, must be won, Jonathan said, adding:“Whenever I am decorating military officers I commend their wives because it is not easy to be barrack- based and for you to rise to this height. But the service chiefs, I don’t know whether I will congratulate you or I will sympathise with you because of the circumstances of the moment.”“That reminds me, of the article I read when I was in secondary school written by the late Dr. Tai Solarin where he said: “I wish you what I wish myself every year. May you have a hard time this year’. So I think I will wish you what I wish myself every year and may we have a hard time this period, because none of us will sleep till the Nigerians in Borno state can sleep.“That is why I say today is not a moment for major statements. We will be having very fine talks from time to time, but definitely Nigerians will tell you what they expect from us, we must not fail this country and I believe this team will work together to be assisted by other intelligence services because the war against terror must be won in this country.“I congratulate you all and your wives. I have worked with some of you in one way or the other and I am convinced that we selected the right team to salvage this country at this time. You must not disappoint Nigerians.”Air Chief Marshal Badeh said the military top brass would not disappoint Nigerians.He pledged their loyalty to Nigeria, saying the security challenges in the northeast are not insurmountable.The security agencies, he said, would leave no stone unturned to return normalcy to the areas as soon as possible and especially
Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, yesterday, told the Senate Committee on Finance that of the $67 billion crude oil sales that was supposed to be remitted to the Federation Account, only $47 billion had been reconciled between the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC and CBN. But the Committee’s Chairman, Ahmed Makarfi, cautioned the CBN Governor over making wild and unsubstantiated allegations without concrete and specific figures to back them up. The NNPC, in a swift reaction, however, dismissed the allegation of another unremitted $20 billion oil revenue raised against it by the CBN.
Court rejects Okah’s new psychiatric test result.Double standard why Boko Haram terrorists are been set free and paid compensation
For the second time in less than one month, a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja yesterday rejected a fresh psychiatric test result produced by the Abuja National Hospital on Mr. Charles Okah. Okah is facing terrorism charges before the court, along with others for purportedly masterminding the October 1, 2010 twin-bomb blasts in Abuja, which left 12 people dead and several others injured. The trial judge, Justice Gabriel Kolawole, said he would not be able to rely on the National Hospital result following disagreement between the Federal Government and Okah over the validity of the result.
Pan-Igbo youth organisations will, on February 28, hold the World Ndigbo Youth Summit in Enugu. Over 12 Igbo youth groups, from parts of the world and states are expected to participate. Some of them are the Igbo Freedom Movement, World Ndigbo Youth Movement, Igbo Security Council, Igbo Liberation Youths, Igboezue Youth Movement, Biafra Action Congress, Movement for Eastern People, Ohanaeze Liberation Youths. The Coordinator of the summit and President of the World Ndigbo Youth Movement, Mr. Ndubuisi Igwekani, told reporters that the the summit would canvass awareness for the emancipation of Igbo youths and take a position on the National Conference.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has described as reckless, irresponsible and totally condemnable the alleged threat by Mujahedeen Asari-Dokubo to levy war against Nigeria even if President Goodluck Jonathan is defeated even in a free and fair election in 2015. It said the SSS must act immediately or be damned. “There is no better test of the fairness, non-partisanship and professionalism of the SSS than this Asari-Dokubo’s threat to levy war on his own country. If Asari-Dokubo is not above the laws of the land, he must be hauled before the SSS, just like the service did to our Deputy National Secretary, to explain his statement,” APC said. In a statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said despite the attacks by oil militants in the Niger
Crisis is brew-ing in the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, over its stance on the proposed national conference
The oil spill in Bonga occurred in December 2011.The National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency, NOSDRA, has imposed a $5 billion dollars (about N800 billion) fine on Shell Petroleum and Development Company, SPDC, for the 2011 Bonga oil spill incident.The Director-General, Peter Idabor, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja on Tuesday.Mr. Idabor also said that the agency had started studying the Post-Impact Assessment Report on Bonga oil spill.“Compensation really derives after you have done a post-impact assessment,” he said. “After you have done evaluation of the place and mapped out places affected by the spill, then you can now say this one take three naira; this one take N100; it is different from fine.”Bonga oil spill2The official added that “So, just last week, they formally announced to us that the post-impact assessment report is ready; which we are studying now.“The House of Representatives has asked NOSDRA as the lead agency in oil spill, to contact other stakeholders including the communities, to see how we can study the report.“We will then recommend compensation based on the report of the post-impact assessment.’’He said that NOSDRA faulted SPDC for not providing immediate relief to the affected communities, whose livelihoods were affected by the disaster.The director-general said that the fine would serve as a deterrent to other firms that would treat activities which deplete the environment with levity.“The kind of impunity Shell and its allies have demonstrated so far in the Niger Delta area in the past should be addressed if the future and people of Nigeria and the environment are to be protected,” he said.He said that the oil spill, which occurred in December 2011 and spread over 100 nautical miles from the ocean, deprived fishermen in the affected areas of Bayelsa and Delta of their means of livelihood.“They could not go there to fish; nets that they normally put in water ways were stained and people lost their means of livelihood.“Even the fishes themselves, because of the chemical, migrated from the crude oil.“The overall impact was for that chemical to have entered the Atlantic Ocean; it must have killed millions of fish and other living organisms,” he said.
Nigeria’s Chief of Defense Staff (CDS), Air Marshal Alex Sabundu Badeh, has clarified his controversial statement on the fight against the Boko Haram insurgency.Badeh had on January 20, stated that the security situation in the northeast would be brought to a halt before April 2014.The statement, which was widely reported generated massive reactions from citizens,…
Hell was let loose on Monday evening in Aba, Abia state as more than fiftysoldiers invaded the Aba Area Command of the Police threatening to burndown the station if they did not produce a policeman who allegedly slappedtheir colleague. Trouble started when a policeman in company of his pregnant wife who isalso a police officer, rammed their Mercedes Benz car into another cardriven by a man in mufti later identified as Captain Abubakar who was alsoin company of his colleague. According to eyewitness accounts, the soldiers got out of their cardemanding to know why the policeman hit their car. The situation was saidto have led to an exchange of words between both parties with one of thesoldiers landing a slap on the policemen. Angered by the action, the policeman returned the slap while the soldierpulled a gun threatening to shoot but was held back by the wife of thepoliceman who insisted that they be shot together. The exchange which held up traffic at the Jubilee road junction near theold site of the Abia State University Teaching Hospital(ABSUTH), ashouting distance from the Aba Area Command, attracted some policemen whoran back to inform their colleague about the development. Another group of Policemen converged at the scene pleading with thesoldiers to let go of the incident since both parties should worktogether. But unknown to them, one of the soldiers had contacted theircolleagues who stormed with area with an Armoured personnel Carrier(APC)and five Hilux jeeps. On arriving at the gate of the Aba Area Command, the angry soldiersstarted beating anyone they on sight, including policemen. Even shopowners and passersby were not spared as they were horse whipped. The policemen who ran for cover were said to have been embarrassed whentheir colleague simply identified as DSP Rotimi was stabbed on his headand hands. The policemen ran into the Area Command and brought out gunseven as another Hilux jeep filled with soldiers landed at the area.Rotimi was said to be discussing with an Army captain on how to settle thematter when a soldier pulled a dagger and stabbed his hand and head. The situation further enraged policemen who also brought out their ownAPC, blocked the gate of their premises and started shooting tear gas.Some of them went into the premises and returned with guns, threatening toreturn fire for fire.
How can the Naira be worth anything when Nigeria is a 419 made in a 419 and the main business is 419’ing while working people suffer in modern day slavery!!!! The Biggest Corporate Fraud Fraud In Nigeria Exposed. **the sum of $31,057,339.23 remitted on their behalf to Barclays Private Bank, Hans Crescent, London.**sum of USD 936,017,265.89 to the Cayman Island, British Virgin Island and Mauritius.**shareholder names are used to transfer Millions of dollars overseas without their knowledge.**Sanusi using his owning Bureau De Change to defraud Nigerians and killing Naira value. TELECOMS giant MTN Nigeria has been exposed of engaging in large scale money laundering which has helped in not only depleting Nigeria’s Foreign Exchange