Again Federal Government approves work upgrade on 2nd Niger Bridge scheduled to begin in 2015

The Federal Government yesterday approved the commencement of the upgrade of work at the 2nd Niger Bridge to facilitate an improvement of the economy of the people of Delta, Edo states and the South-south region in general.Receiving a delegation of elders from Delta and Edo states (led by the Minister for Works, Mike Onolememen) on behalf of President Goodluck Jonathan at the State House, Abuja, Vice President Mohammed Namadi Sambo said the decision became necessary in view of the economic potentials of the areas.

Overwhelmed Jonathan calls for international action against Boko Haram

By JULIANA TAIWO-OBALONYE, AbujaPresident Good­luck  Jonathan  in Washington DC, has called for more  ef­fective global action and implementation of all exist­ing international protocols against terrorism and vio­lent extremism.He made the call while presenting Nigeria’s position at the US-African Leaders Summit,  demanding a more effective international sanc­tions regime against countries, organisations and individuals that sponsor terrorism…

BEGGERS AND NO-GIVERS: Too early to send experimental Ebola drug to Africa – Obama

WASHINGTON (AFP) – US President Barack Obama said Wednesday it was too soon to send experimental drugs for the treatment of Ebola to West Africa, which has been hardest hit by the deadly outbreak.Obama said affected countries should instead focus on building a “strong public infrastructure,” adding: “I think we have to let the science…

Boko Haram terrorists Kill 100, Seize Another Major Northeast Town

The terrorists’ capture of Gwoza represents the second time that Boko Haram would seize a major town from Nigerian troops. Boko Haram militants had killed Emir of Gwoza two months ago on his way to attend the burial of the Emir of Gombe.  Two sources, including a high-level security official, have disclosed to SaharaReporters that heavily armed insurgents belonging to the extreme Islamist sect, Boko Haram, today descended on Gwoza, a town in Borno State, killing at least 100 residents before seizing the town. Our sources said the attack began early at dawn, with Boko Haram easily taking over the town by the late morning (Nigerian time).

I butcher human beings in 2 minutes, says Boko Haram chief killer

The Chief Butcher of the Boko Haram sect, Zakari Mohammed Ardo, yesterday, gave a chilling description of how the terrorist group used to slaughter people they capture, saying it only takes him two minutes to butcher victims and enemies condemned to death.Ardo, who had been reported in some media (not Vanguard) as having escaped from Police custody, said the group’s butchering committee was made up of five persons of which he is the chairman, pointing out that the other members will hold down the already tired victim while he cuts off the head.Speaking through an interpreter in Kanuri, the ‘Chief Butcher’ who claims to be 30 years old and from Darazo Local Government Area of Bauchi State,  said: “I joined the Boko Haaram group two years ago. Before I was arrested, I have slaughtered five people.”