The Campaign for Democracy has asked the Federal Government to compensate families of the 1,836 Igbo people killed by the Boko Haram insurgents in the North since 2011.
This was contained in a statement by the organisation in Onitsha, Anambra State, on Sunday. The statement was signed by the Chairman, CD South-East Region, Mr. Uzor A. Uzor.
“For over three years now, over 1,836 Igbo men, women and children had been killed either through terrorist attacks, direct gunning down or slaughtered in a gruesome manner.
“Most of them were killed in the motor parks, churches, schools and even in their private homes,’’ the statement said.
The CD said that the killing of Ndi-Igbo started in a large scale in the December 25, 2011 Christmas Day bombings that killed over 35 people at the St. Theresa’s Catholic Church in Madalla, Niger State, by Boko Haram sect.”