‘Roseanne’ Is Here to Stay: ABC Renews Highly Rated Reboot

Supported by Media ‘Roseanne’ Is Here to Stay: ABC Renews Highly Rated Reboot Photo From left, Michael Fishman, Jayden Rey, Ames McNamara, John Goodman, Roseanne Barr and Sara Gilbert in a scene from the new season of “Roseanne.” Credit Adam Rose/ABC “Roseanne” is going to be here for a while.
Three days removed from its blockbuster premiere, ABC said on Friday that it would bring back the revived sitcom for another season.
After “Roseanne” drew 18.2 million viewers and a mighty 5.1 rating among adults under 50 on Tuesday, a renewal was all but inevitable. Roseanne Barr, the show’s co-creator and star, had previously said she wanted to do another season.
And when networks find something that works these days, they are quick to lock it down. NBC renewed its reboot of “Will & Grace” to a second season before the show premiered in September. Earlier this month, it renewed the old sitcom for a third go-round, keeping the show alive until 2020.
“Will & Grace” drew more than 10 million ..

One year to Brexit: How well has the British economy really been performing? And what can we expect next?

So just how has well or badly has the British economy performed since the country voted to Leave? And what is the best estimate of what we can expect to come next?
There is now just one year to go before the UK exits the European Union.
Read more The real reasons the UK's economic forecasts are so apocalyptic Before the June 2016 referendum the Treasury famously warned that a Leave vote would result in an instant UK recession.
That has not materialised, as Brexiteers frequently delight in pointing out.
But opponents of Brexit also stress that the UK’s growth has slowed dramatically since 2016.
So just how has well or badly has the British economy performed since the country, by a relatively narrow margin, voted to Leave?
And what is the best estimate of what we can expect to come as the 12 month countdown to Brexit itself begins?
Currency The UK’s currency, of course, fell through the floor in the early hours of 24 June 2016, when it became clear that the Britons had vot..

14 Million Visitors to U.S. Face Social-Media Screening

14 Million Visitors to U.S. Face Social-Media Screening Photo New guidelines proposed by the Trump administration would require nearly all applicants for a visa to enter the United States to submit their social-media user names for the past five years. Credit Vincent Tullo for The New York Times Nearly all applicants for a visa to enter the United States — an estimated 14.7 million people a year — will be asked to submit their social-media user names for the past five years, under proposed rules that the State Department issued on Friday.
Last September, the Trump administration announced that applicants for immigrant visas would be asked for social-media data, a proposal that would affect about 710,000 people each year. The new proposal would vastly expand that requirement to cover some 14 million people each year who apply for nonimmigrant visas.
Although officials did not specify which social-media platforms would be affected, the proposal is likely to cover the largest ones, like F..