I butcher human beings in 2 minutes, says Boko Haram chief killer

The Chief Butcher of the Boko Haram sect, Zakari Mohammed Ardo, yesterday, gave a chilling description of how the terrorist group used to slaughter people they capture, saying it only takes him two minutes to butcher victims and enemies condemned to death.Ardo, who had been reported in some media (not Vanguard) as having escaped from Police custody, said the group’s butchering committee was made up of five persons of which he is the chairman, pointing out that the other members will hold down the already tired victim while he cuts off the head.Speaking through an interpreter in Kanuri, the ‘Chief Butcher’ who claims to be 30 years old and from Darazo Local Government Area of Bauchi State,  said: “I joined the Boko Haaram group two years ago. Before I was arrested, I have slaughtered five people.”

Chibok girls: Govt knows where they are – President Jonathan

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has called for effective international assistance in the fight against Boko Haram insurgency in some parts of the country and rescue of the over 200 girls of Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State,  kidnapped 115 days ago.The President also insisted that the government knew the whereabouts of the girls.According to him, the Federal Government is encouraging intermediaries who have offered to persuade the Boko Haram terrorist group to release the girls.

Jonathan, Biden Agree on Partnership To Fight Ebola

Abuja – President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President Joe Biden have agreed that Nigeria and the United States would work together to urgently curtail the outbreak of Ebola virus. Jonathan and Biden met in Washington D.C on Tuesday on the side-line of the on- going US-Africa African leader’s summit, according to a `readout’ issued by…

Nigeria police downplay Boko Haram’s planned attack in Akwa Ibom.

By JOE EFFIONG, Uyo Akwa Ibom State Government and the state police command have dispelled rumours that Boko Haram members were on the verge of wreaking havoc in the state. The police command, through its Public Relations Officer, Mr. Etim Dickson (DSP), told Daily Sun yesterday that the command was aware of the rumours but…

Boko Haram have displaced over half a million Nigerians – UN estimates

(ABUJA)No fewer than 650,000 persons have been displaced from their homes, in several attacks orchestrated by the outlawed Boko Haram sect, the United Nations humanitarian office said on Tuesday.According to a report by the UN refugee agency, (UNHCR), about 1,000 people trying to escape the fighting had fled to an uninhabited island on Lake Chad,…

President Jonathan will contest 2015 presidential election, says Anenih

The Chairman, PDP Board of Trustees (BOT), Chief Tony Anenih, said on Tuesday in Calabar that President Goodluck Jonathan would contest the presidential election in 2015 on PDP platform.Anenih said this while addressing party faithful at the maiden zonal tour of the South-South by the new PDP chairman, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu.“I want the national chairman to go home with a word from the father that come 2015, Jonathan will run for presidency for the second term, ‘’ he said.He said that the party was becoming stronger in the South-South, adding that “if we continue like this, the load in 2015 will be lighter than the load in 2011,” he said.

Defence Headquarters We’re worst victims of Boko Haram terrorists

The Defence Headquarters, DHQ, yesterday declared that the military was the worst victim of Boko Haram insurgency as it had suffered so much damage to its image. The DHQ, which was responding to allegations of human rights abuses against the military by the Amnesty International, however, said it was investigating the cases to bring anyone culpable to justice.The Director of Defence Information, DDI, Maj.- Gen. Chris Olukolade, said in Abuja, that one of the weapons being used against the military in the counterinsurgency operation was impersonation of military personnel by the Boko Haram terrorists.