American Security Expert: Nigeria Under Siege: Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabab backing Boko Haram terrorists

A forensic criminologist and security co-ordinator at the American University of Nigeria, Dr. Lionel Von Frederck Rawlins has disclosed that Al-Qaeda and Al-Shabab terrorist organisations operating in the Islamic Maghreb and Arabian peninsula have been helping members of Boko Haram carry out their operations in Nigeria.Rawlins, a US marine, who has worked in Europe, Africa, Asia, Central and South America, the Middle East and Far East as a counter-terrorist specialist, explained that Nigeria is under siege from terrorists from other lands.He advised the Nigerian government to seek help in dealing with the insurgency.

Abuja bomb blasts: Boko Haram claims responsibility, threatens President Jonathan

AbubakaR Shekau, leader of the militant Boko Haram Islamist group, yesterday claimed responsibility for last week’s bombing of a crowded bus station in Nyanya Motor Park, Abuja, the nation’s capital.The twin bomb blasts killed at least 75 people and left hundreds seriously wounded.The outlawed insurgent commander made the claims in a 28-minute video message posted online on

Clueless President Jonathan vows to stop terror attacks

In spite of the evil machinations of terrorists, criminals and their collaborators, our administration remains ardently focused on efforts to successfully execute the Federal Government’s Agenda for National Transformation and achieve sustained development.” With these words, President Goodluck Jonathan sued for peace as Christians celebrate Easter today.Many governors and leaders in the country echoed his sentiment.“My belief in our ability to overcome all retrogressive and divisive forces in our midst and build a strong, united and prosperous nation by turning our unique diversity into a source of strength remains unshaken and we will

Gov Nyako blasts Jonathan: ‘Your Presidency is incompetent’

The war of words between Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa and the Presidency continued last night on genocide in the North. The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, lambasted Nyako for daring to challenge President Goodluck Jonathan and said Nyako did not deserve to be a governor given his utterances in recent times.Nyako fired back, accusing President Goodluck Jonathan of being incompetent.The governor, who spoke through his Director of Press and Public Affairs, Ahmed Sajoh, said the response by

Abduction: We saw no soldiers in bush, say victims’ parents

PARENTS and relations of students of the Girls Secondary School Chibok in Borno State abducted by suspected insurgents returned home yesterday without any of the girls.They alleged no soldier went in search of the girls because none of them was at sight throughout their stints in the farthest parts of the bush.The parents told the Hausa service of the BBC that throughout their 12- hour search in the forest, they did

Angry youth sack Anambra monarch

The annual Afia Olu festival turned bloody yesterday in Oko, Orumba North local government area of Anambra State.One of the soldiers, allegedly invited by the paramount ruler of the community, Prof Laz Ekwueme, to stop youth from observing the festival killed a masquerade.It was gathered that the paramount ruler had ordered no masquerade should perform during the festival, which did not go down well with the youth.

Pakistani president postpones his visit to Nigeria reportedly due to Boko Haram

by Paul Osas The Pakistani President, Mamnoon Hussain has postponed a planned visit to Nigeria following pressing concerns in the nation, the Deputy High commissioner, Ahmed Sirohey has said. Pres. Hussain was billed to begin a three-day working visit to Abuja on Monday. Sirohey confirming the postponement said, “due to pressing concerns in Pakistan, the visit…

“We are in your city but you don’t know where we are.” Boko Haram Claims

Terrorist group, Boko Haram, has claimed responsibility for the Nyanya attack in a video obtained Saturday, as the search continued for 85 schoolgirls still missing after a mass abduction by the Islamists. The bombing at a bus station packed with morning commuters early on Monday killed at least 75 people on the outskirts of Abuja,…

Military fooling Nigerians on security –Balarabe

The military’s sudden retraction of its earlier statement that some of the girls allegedly abducted by Boko Haram have been released has elicited reactions from prominent Nigerians.Angered by the development, former Governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa said the action of the military was an indication that they have been fooling Nigerians on the…

Gov. Nyako accusing Pres. Jonathan of genocide

by Murtala NyakoThe adverse security situation in Northern Nigeria in particular and Nigeria in general is being felt by all of us. While every State Government is doing everything possible using virtually all its resources to stem the tide of near disaster facing all of us especially in the North, it is a well-known fact…