OKOROCHA WITH HAUSA BLOOD IS THE LAST ELECTION MISTAKE MADE IN IMO STATE AS THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER NIGERIAN ELECTION IN THE STATE. ::|:: Okorocha shelf Imo carnival in sympathy with Chibok girls

Owerri – Imo Governor, Mr Rochas Okorocha, on Thursday shelved the Imo carnival slated to begin on May 9 to show sympathy for the kidnapped Chibok girls.Okorocha said that the decision to shelve the festival was taken at an emergency meeting of the expanded state executive council held at Government House, Owerri.He said that the decision was based on the unknown fate of the female students abducted in Chibok, Borno State.

Clueless President Jonathan Schoolgirls’ abduction will end terrorism in Nigeria

From JULIANA TAIWO-OBALONYE‎, AbujaThe Founder of World Economic Forum (WEF), Klaus Schwab, said in Abuja yesterday that the hosting of this years’s event in Nigeria was a blow to terrorism. He said the world should not allow insurgents dictate global economic agenda.This is even as President Goodluck Jonathan restated commendation for world leaders and over 1,000 participants for attending the forum on Africa. He said their attendance was a major setback to Boko Haram which had increased its attacks recently. The President noted that the abduction of over 200 schoolgirls

South East govs shun Uwechue’s service of songs in Enugu

Governors of the South East were absent at the  service of songs organised yesterday in Enugu for the late former president of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Ambassador Ralph Uwechue.The service, which took place at the secretariat of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, had many Igbo leaders in attendance, but the governors shunned the event.Abia State Governor, Theodore Orji, was the only governor from the South East who was represented at the event by the Abia State commissioner for Petroleuim and Solid Minerals Chief Dom Ubani.

Owerri Indigenes Tackle Govt Over Relocation of Douglas Road Street Traders To Relief Market

Following the relocation of street traders at Douglas Road, Owerri to Relief Market by Governor Rochas Okorocha last week, land owners of the newly constructed stalls at Relief Market yesterday sacked the street traders and insisted that they will not leave the area until the State Government accedes to their request.Part of their request is that the State Government should sign an existing agreement where it pledged to give 20% of the stalls to Umuodu- Umuihugba community in Owerri Municipal who are owners of the land.Trumpeta gathered that the prior to the construction of the stalls at the relief market, an agreement or memorandum of Understanding was reached between the State Government and the community which the State Government has refused to sign till date.

Nigeria Under Jonathan, Squandered Oil Wealth, and Breeds Corruption Says Hillary Clinton

Mrs. Hillary Clinton, the former US Secretary of State in separate events in New York City said the Nigerian government under President Goodluck Jonathan, squandered its oil resources, and indirectly helps corruption to fester in the troubled country.Clinton spoke with ABC-TV’s Robin Roberts on American national television, and also at a public function organized by the International Crisis Group. Later, the former Senator and First Lady made other critical remarks concerning Nigeria at a philanthropy parley, as she was widely quoted by several American media outlets, including CNN. 

Federal Government to unravel missing $20bn fund in 4 months

Indications emerged, yesterday, at the World Economic Forum Africa that the Federal Government and auditors investigating NNPC accounts will, in the next 16 weeks, make public their findings. This will put paid to the controversy surrounding the alleged missing $20 billion from the Federation Account.Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, told participants at the on-going World Economic Forum Africa , WEFA that the forensic audit of the NNPC would be undertaken

Women group chides First Lady for doubting school girls’ abduction

A group, BAOBAB for Women’s Right, yesterday, called on the First Lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, to apologise to parents of abducted Chibok school girls for doubting that the abduction took place.The group in a statement by its Borno State coordinator, Prof. Hauwa Biu, also called on the Federal Government to put in place adequate plans to cater for the needs and address the trauma the parents of the girls were going through.“BAOBAB for Women’s Human Rights, Borno State outreach condemns in its totality the actions of the wife of Nigerian president, Mrs. Patience Jonathan on concerns shown by people within and outside Nigeria on the abduction of innocent girls. This act of criminality, as we are aware violates their fundamental human right to education.

Defence Headquarters our focus is to free abducted girls

The Defence Headquarters, DHQ, yesterday, said that the military was focusing on strategies to free the girls of Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, who were taken captive by the Boko Haram sect, even as it dissociated the outfit from allegation that it lacked the capacity to rescue the girls.In a statement in Abuja through its Director of Defence Information, DDI, Major General Chris Olukolade, the DHQ disowned the statement credited to it in the report by a section of the media alleging that the military lacks capacity to rescue the abducted girls.

ACF supports US, Britain rescue offer

The Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, yesterday declared its support for the offer by the United States, Britain, France and China to help in rescuing the abducted Chibok school girls.ACF National Publicity Secretary, Mohammed Ibrahim in a statement in Kaduna, urged the presidential committee to swing into action, collaborate with Borno State government and security agencies to immediately rescue the female students.

US hands over naval vessel to Nigeria

The United States navy has officially transferred the former Coast Guard Cutter Gallatin into the hands of the Nigerian Navy.The Gallatin was offered to Nigeria April 24, 2013, through the US Foreign Assistance Act, and was decommissioned from US Coast Guard service on March 31, 2014.During the ceremony, US Coast Guard Chief Acquisition Officer, Rear Admiral Bruce Baffer and Nigerian Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro signed transfer documents in front of U.S. and Nigerian spectators, marking the official handoff of the ship to Nigeria.